Followers

Translate

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Digi Shack Challenge with Lilykate

Coffee of the Day - Larry's Beans Mexico Blend (a really good non-flavored coffee!)

The Digi Shack is having their first challenge over on the blog. I decided to play along since you get to try out a way cool digi stamp! too bad my printer is weird and crops it no matter how I try to get around that! so I just made do and used my brand spankin' new Cutterbee circle cutter and cut out the image further! The overall card size is 4" x 4" to really show off the digi image.

The papers are some from Basic Grey that I had never used before (GASP!!!), Lilykate. This is a really gorgeous collection! and it went perfectly with the image from Digi Shack. I printed the image onto SU! Very Vanilla cs, used SU! markers to color, but then went over them with a watercolor brush to soften. I added shimmerz butter cream to each flower as well as the veins of the leaves. The whole thing was then spritzed with the ink spray tool in pink and cocoa. I inked the edges in sahara sand. I don't have a scallop edge tool in a circle shape, so I just cut out a strip using my punch and then taped it all around the back of the circle. This caused the whole thing to pop up in the center - very cool result I wasn't expecting. added some extra thick foam tape to help with the dimension on the card. Buttons are SU! and baker's twine is Martha Stewart. the great sentiment is one by Inkadinkado. sponged and spritzed same as main circle.

Hope that all of you are having a great day! I am sicker than a dog these days. Made it tough to get a card done - I was all thumbs! ;)
Jennifer

5 comments:

Unknown said...

oh i just got the image too, cant wait to play with it.

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!! Thanks for playing with us!!! I see you will be published in PC in May...very cool!!!! I will be published in the Holiday Cards and More Paper Crafts Mag in August...I am totally excited!!! Hope you are well....
-t

Dru said...

Very pretty Jen, love the dp you used witht this. Perfect! I also have the image, but do not know if I'll get a chance to play.

Gina Lindsay said...

Oh this is so pretty! Love your soft colors and that stamp is great.

Carisa said...

beautiful card!!!