Followers

Translate

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Home is Where the Heart is

Coffee of the Day - Pumpkin Spice

Wanted to share a little homespun card with you today that uses a digi from Doodle Beans. I found these interesting vellum craft papers in my stash from Martha Stewart and thought it would be neat to pair them with this sweet digi to create a homey feeling card. I punched the hearts and added a little twine tied button to each. A bit of wired gingham ribbon finishes off the card. The card base was edged in white craft ink to add to the country feel. I sponged white craft ink over the house to give the appearance of a stucco finish - really adds more dimension irl.

Have a great afternoon!
Jennifer

p.s. sorry for the short post, but I am really sick today and needing to get back in bed.... blech! :(

5 comments:

Carmen O. said...

Very cute!! I love red checks. Beautiful work!

Stef H said...

beautiful! and those hearts rock!

hugs,

specialcraftmom4 said...

What a cute card! I love the paper with that image. Great job (:

Lauri said...

Wow! What a great idea to punch the hearts in the vellum! it really is a very home-y homespun card! very cozy!

Micki said...

This is adorable. I absolutely love the checkerboard paper and the coloring! Love it.