Followers

Translate

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Soft and Fluffy Cheers! :)

Once again here I am sliding in to get a challenge card posted right before the deadline. :) With this one I kept putting it off 'cause I was INTIMIDATED by the challenge twist over at Shirleys 2 Girls - use something soft like flocking or flower soft on your card. everyone kept crying for help on the forum, and I grew more and more scared as the days passed. Mind you I can sit and watch all of the Saw movies and laugh and laugh at them with my middle son, but the idea of trying my flower soft for the first time had me in fits. But I overcame............. yes, I did it. Held my breath and jumped right in! It was much easier to use than I thought, and I will gladly pick up those round containers of fluff again in future days!



As soon as I grabbed my Basic Grey Wassail papers, I knew exactly what I wanted to do. That great chair in this fun digi was screaming at me - PAPER PIECE ME!!!!!! Well, not being one to deny my papers or embellies EVER, I whole heartedly responded, "SURE !" :) but once I started printing on the fun paper I couldn't stop. So look at how much of this cutie got pieced! almost the whole ever lovin' thing! Glorious, isn't it?! I want a chair just like this one, and an outfit just like hers, too! the slippers are so close to my pink fluffs that Dave so kindly bought me, but if Santa felt the need to get me some just like these, oh no, I would not complain! :D grins! Added the white flower soft to the hat's brim and pom pom in addition to the slippers' pom pom. It should be a crafting law that all pom poms must be 'fluffed'. kinda like all things pink need sparkles. 'nuff said! :D Added this gorgeous trim from Webster's Pages that makes you wanna rub it up against your cheek, it is so soft and cuddly velvet. The poinsettias flowers and leaf are from Prima.




Thanks for putting up with my rambling......... time for me to grab my book and head to bed! See ya in the morning! Don't let the bedbugs bite! unless of course you bite back! :)

10 comments:

Jane Wetzel said...

dang is this stinkin cute!! LOVE LOVE LOVE BG and this really came out nice! :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

OMGosh!! I so want that chair!!! I don't know what you were so freaked out about - this is absolutely AMAZING!! Your DP combo, coloring, and embellishments - SPECTACULAR!!! You've succeeded in once again blowing me away with your creativity. Thanks so much for playing, missy! Will you be back tomorrow? It just wouldn't be the same without you!!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO, this is wonderful...the chair is so flippin cute...I wish I had one just like it myself...thanks for playing...as always...you do a terrific job...Kristine

Anne said...

Ooh this is just fab Jennifer and you tamed the Flowersoft brilliantly! Such a gorgeous card, I do love this image and of course the BG paper. Thanks for playing Twisted Thursday :)

Teri said...

Wonderful!! Love it!
Hugs,
Teri x

Unknown said...

Awesome card Jennifer! Love the paper piecing. Gonna have to try it soon.

Payne Holler Cards said...

wow! that paperpiecing knocks it out-of-the-ballpark! so cute!!!

Sara said...

WOW Jennifer I love it! It turned out so cute. You totally sound like me, I get myself all worked up when I Have to do or try something new, and then it's the easiest ever, and dont' know why I did that to myself-heehee

Debbie said...

WOW Jennifer your creativity is just amazing! I love everything about your card. Thanks for playing with us over at shirleys2girls twisted thursday. We love seeing your work each week!

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow, this is fantastic WHy were you afraid of your flower soft when you did such a great job with it! Love the chair too.