Followers

Translate

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Shirleys 2 Girls!

Coffee of the Day - Chocolate Kiss (yes, I dropped Hershey Kisses in my coffee, and it was delightful!)

I have 2 cards to show you featuring stamps from Shirleys 2 Girls - one is a cling stamp, the other a digi - both are for challenges. They are also having a DT call right now. So if you are interested, and really, who wouldn't be??? grins!, head over to the challenge blog for more deets.

My first card is for the DT app, using the sketch and the twist paper piecing. I used papers from Jenni Bowlin and pieced the bird, flower, and cat. Because this cutie stamp is a cling stamp, I was able to use some of poor natural white cs that has been sitting by its lonesome for far too long. It is just way too heavy to go through my printer for digis, so these seemed like the perfect op. It does such neat things with the watercolors, so I really do like playing with it! Love the way this kitty cat turned out! The card base edges were inked with white craft. Buttons are vintage from my stash and trim is from JoAnn's. Oh yes, how could I forget, I decided that since this was for a DT app, i would do something I NEVER do on my cards - I got out my needle and actually sewed on this! shock, I know! I stitched the whiskers on the cat. Not many companies I would do that for, but S2G is def worth it! :D I love those gals! they are as sweet as can possibly be!!!

My next card is for this week's TT sketch challenge, and the twist is to use tin or foil on your creation. I just happened to have this gorgeous foil frame from Making Memories, so thought it would be perfect. Tuned it on an angle for the Fruitcake Angel - how is that for a tongue twister...... and get this.... the paper is Basic Grey Fruitcake.... talk about providential...... it made me giggle when I realized it! :D The ticket is actually one I salvaged from the band banquet the other night. The water spots came natually when there was a bit of a spill at the table..... but I think it looks pretty cool that way! whooooda thunk?! :) Some shimmerz was painted on the angel wings and crown. The plate as well as the matted edge were covered in my spica glitter pen.
Everyone have a wonderful evening!

I have to add realy quick how very touched I was by the blog hop this morning. So many people who really reached beyond themselves with kind and generous hearts. Please try to visit some of the blogs if you get the opportunity. Your heart will be filled with joy!
Love ya! Jennifer

11 comments:

Stef H said...

that cat is absolutely fabulous! and the fruitcake (which i happen to love - fruitcake that is) is stunning! did you really, really drop a hersey's kiss into your coffee? that sounds luscious!

hugs,

debb said...

Oh these are both so cute! Good look with the DT!

Dragonlady said...

Hi jennifer

Great cards and love the paper piecing must give it a go.

Hugs Ali x

Sara said...

great cards, love the paper piecing

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Great kitty cat....reminds me of those china pattern cats in gift shops....great job.

Justine said...

Jennifer these are both just perfect and so fun. Love paper piecing!

JazzyH said...

Great kitty! I love the calico feel.

Barbara said...

Jennifer i love the birdie card so cute and wanted to say good luck girl you get it how can you not with your work.hugs

Anne said...

Both your cards are gorgeous Jennifer! Love those stitched whiskers on the paper pieced cat, they really make the card stand out! And how cleve to even match the papers to the image on your fruitcake card LOL! Thanks for playing along at Twisted Thursday with Shirleys2Girls

Lovely to see lots of creations coming from you, hope this week will be another when you're well enough to be busy crafting :)

S2G said...

J...I just love you paper piecing...YOU did a fab job with it! Love both of them...looks like you had a good time doing these! DEIDRE

Debbie said...

OMG Jennifer your cards are Fabulous! Thanks for playing with us over at shirleys2girls Twisted Thursday Challenge.