Followers

Translate

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Challenges, Challenges!

Coffee of the Day - Creme Brulee

I am probably breaking every cardinal rule of posting today, but I am combining 2 challenge cards into one post. mainly because I am so whooooooped and so busy with catch-up projects and just don't want y'all to have to wade through lots of stuff on my blog. plus I know you get tired of all of my blathering anyhow! grins!
so here goes.......


My first card is for the challenge today over at Crafts 4 Eternity. this is my first card as a DT member with them, and I am so excited! The challenge is a sketch and a recipe - use an inking technique and fabric. The card is a bit busy, but my guys did all really like this. It is going to a guy who is a good friend of ours. We have known Geoff and his family for over 10 years. He plays football and injured his wrist very badly this year. Ended up going to the Mayo clinic in MN for some pretty serious surgery that involved bone and nerve grafting, so will be out of school for quite a while. Anyhow, I used some fabric scraps, cork bits, strips of burlap, and knotted twine to create the bg. The piece of Basic Grey Boxer cs was burned around the edges to create an old world feel. I took a chipboard frame from Making Memories and inked it over with navy, then marked the circles with a silver sharpie. The image is from Digital Stamp Oasis.
Incy Wincy - textures


My next card is for the challenge at Paper Sundaes, sponsored this week by The Stamping Boutique. As soon as I saw that pretty pink Vespa I showed you earlier this week, I knew I was going to have to create something with Tracey's adorable Princess Late Vespa image! The sketch challenge offered at PS this week seemed perfect! My papers are again Basic Grey, but this time from the Sultry collection. I painted parts with my pink shimmerz to give that extra bit of glitter that every Princess needs and of course, wants! Added some rhinestones to give a bit more glitz, as well as some vintage and new buttons. The lace trim seemed to be the perfect way to finish off the sketch. The SU! sentiment applies to both the Vespa and the Latte, of course! giggles! oh some day, pink Vespa, you will be mine...... some day! :D the larger Latte cup on the side in popped up on foam tape.
Stamp, Scrap, & Doodle Sat. - Sparkle & Shine

I hope you can play in some of these fun challenges with us!

17 comments:

Sam said...

Wow these are both fab Jen. By the way you won our second bundle of ribbon candy over at OSAAT. Pop over if you get a chance hun and we are going to have some exciting news for all you guys soon.
Take care
Sam x

IsabellasSketchbook said...

Your card designs are lovely but I have to admit... your statement on your blog over at PCP is what got my attention: "today's coffee is holiday spice... delish! drinking coffee & crafting, what a great way to spend the day!"

You're my kind of girl... coffee and crafting.

Now, about that cuppa...

Angie said...

Omgosh!! These cards are BEAUTIFUL and so stunning!!! You have been a busy girl & so happy you are feeling better! I finally will get to sit down today and do some crafting, I am so long overdue, need to catch up! Have a wonderful sunday:)

Marlene said...

That first card is absolutely gorgeous.

The only thing wrong with the second card is that stinkin' latte she's holding! Bwaahaaahaa!!!

Seriously - beautiful work!

Faye said...

What amazing cards, completely fab. xxx

Holly Young said...

Great cards jennifer. That first one is just an amazing piece of art! I never get tired of your blathering! LOL! Glad you're feeling better.

Stef H said...

wow! there's so much going on that boat card but it's gorgeous! you really thought outside the box on that one! i love it!

your 2d card is stunning. love that bling!

hugs :)

CarlaKH said...

Both cards are just perfect! I love that Pink Vespa. Too cute! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Lynn said...

What fantastic cards you have and I love all the detail that you have put on them..Love the colour schemes too :)Lynn

Danderella said...

Both cards are fabulous! I love how you used the sketch for both of them. Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes.

Georgia Ehrmann said...

both so pretty! I left a comment on your nautical card over at the "green site"
Hugs,
Georgia

Bananastamper said...

great cards! I love all that fun fabric you used on the first one! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!
Shanna :)

Neva said...

Oh how adorabe both of these are. Great job. Thanks for playing along with the THT challenge. Hope to see you again

michele said...

beautiful cards Jennifer! love all the texture on the c4e one. hugs xx

Crystal said...

Both cards are FANTASTIC! I love your take on our sketch this week. Thanks for playing with us over at Paper Sundaes :)

Catherine said...

*THUD* OMGosh, warn a girl before you bowl her over! I am drooling over that ship card! WOW! And the scooter card is just FAB! Awesome, awesome job! Wow!

Jean said...

Wow! What can I say? These are absolutely amazing! Your work is glorious!