Followers

Translate

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Exciting News and Blog Hop Winners!

Coffee of the Day - instant dissolved in milk 'cause the stove is in the dining room since hubby re-tiled the kitchen this weekend. hey, I was DESPERATE! :)

I have wonderful blog candy news which I am sure is most important to y'all, so I will get to that first. the rest can be for those of you who are gluttons for punishment..... giggles!

  • The winner of the Pink Saturday prize is - PEGGY R.!!!!
  • The winner of the Memorial Day prize is - Debbie @ Debbie Dabble!!!

Ladies, please contact me with your snail mail addy's so that I may get these out to you pronto quickly!


Now on to the rest of my post......

I have received the most wonderful honor of having 2 scrapbook pages published in the July issue of Scrap & Stamp Arts magazine! They have done an article on digi stamping, and my pages along with 3 cards done by Holly Young are part of the article. We used images from Squigglefly for our creations.

My first page you have seen before. I didn't know they were going to use this page, so had gone ahead and posted to my blog. Unfortunately there was a mistake with the information they used for credit below the page, so it will be printed again in the Sept. issue I have been told. The photo is from a trip David and I took last fall to Chagrin Falls. you can find it here on my blog. Lots of the vintage buttons & lace I love so much, as well as an old millinery flower. The digi frame by Rich Davis was printed onto acetate and then colored on the reverse side with Sharpie markers. I used glue dots to adhere right over the photo. Papers are My Mind's Eye.

The next page features my handsome boys! The pix were taken at the Spring Choir Concert last year, "That 70's Show." The 3 of them had a solo on the song, "Seven Bridges Road". Oh my stars, was I ever so proud of them!!!! The cute turtle digi comes from Tracey Malnofski, who you also know from The Stamping Boutique. I used paper piecing on this page. Glitter pens accent. Papers are Basic Grey Lime Rickey, cut into strips for a bargello effect. Flowers are Prima.


Ever since the mag came out, they have become super-stars at school and work. Because they have their pic in a mag that can be bought at the grocery store right next to all of the other 'teen' magazines, the boys have become celebrities. Ryan, our youngest, was taken out by a bunch of girls to a movie and dinner. Mick, our middle son who is graduating next week, went on a big solo movie date to celebrate since appearing in print. and Tyler, our oldest, just blows it all off, but the calls are coming in. It is a riot to watch them. now understand this has absolutely NOTHING to do with Mom and EVERYTHING to do with them! grins!

everyone have a great day and we will see you tomorrow! love ya!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

Congrats to the winners! And great LO's!

Anita said...

Congrats! Amazing pages!

Cec said...

Fabulous layouts and I am glad you shared them. The boys are so handsome and how cool is it that they all love to sing.
Hugs!
Cec

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Congrats to the winners!

You have a talented hubby if he can re-tile in a weekend. I hope you get your stove back soon so you can have some good coffee. found that Folgers has great instant coffee for those times when you do not have time to perk.

Have a super week.

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer,
Huge congrats on being published - with such fab layouts too. Congrats to the winners of the candy too.
Hugs
Dawn x

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so EXCITED for you -- your layouts are fabulous, and I can't wait to see them in print!!! :-)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

OMG!!

How excited I am to have won your memorial Day Blog Hop Candy!!
I am thrilled and thanks so much for having such a great giveaway!!

Debbie

Holly Young said...

I'll bet it's fun to see them excited over being in the magazine Jennifer. I love your pages, and I'm glad they made the error and printed your other page because it's lovely!