Followers

Translate

Monday, June 7, 2010

A Melon Thanks with Squigglefly

Coffee of the Day - Toasted Coconut - no more icky coffee, hooray!!!

I have to start by saying thank you to every one of you who has encouraged me through this bittersweet time of Mick's graduation. It means so much to both of us that you stopped and left comments as well as emailed. You will be glad to know that I made it through the ceremony with flying colors! :) The only time I got a bit teary was during the Senior song, 'We Are One'. He is now a graduate, and I couldn't be more proud! God carries Mick close, as He always has and always will. Of that I have complete faith.


Today starts a new challenge over on the Squigglefly blog, and the theme is Picnic Time - use any kind of food image on your creation. I chose to use this cute new Shy Bear created by Lynne Stansbery called Swellin' with Melon. I paired it with an assortment of papers from the Basic Grey Lemonade collection. Had to stick with the theme now, didn't I?! grins! I also added this fun sentiment by Chesney Young. Added a big fluffy bow, Prima flower, some buttons, a Making Memories butterfly, punched butterfly, and paper pieced sun. I used my white gel pen to draw in some faux stitching. This is sized to fit into a legal envie. The watermelon seeds and bear's nose were covered with crystal effects to help them have a bit more definition.

Play along if you get the chance. and stop by to see what the other DT members have created!

4 comments:

Holly Young said...

This is really cute Jenn. I love how you did the sun shine and I think your bow is fabulous! Cute little dragonfly and butterfly embellishments too.

I got all teary at my kids graduation too. A lot of it is seeing not only your own kids, but all the friends of theirs that you've watched grow up with them. Congratulations to your son!

Anita said...

Glad that you made it through the graduation. Your card is so cute. The coffee sounds yummy.

Annika said...

This is just so gorgeous! Love the DP and your embellies, trust you to get it 100% right! Fabulous colouring of course and the image/sentiment combo is a real hoot!
Hugs
Annika

Dragonlady said...

Hi Jen

Glad to hear things went well at the graduation - isn't it wonderful being a proud Mum?

Hugs Ali x