Followers

Translate

Monday, September 20, 2010

Scarecrow and His Wagon

Coffee of the Day - Texas Turtle

As I had mentioned the other day, Squigglefly has released some gorgeous new images by Marla Shega. So of course I had to go pick up a few on Saturday, and this wonderful 'Scarecrow on his Wagon' was first on the list! I love Fall, as you know, and this scene sets the stage so beautifully. It really was easy to color, even with my tiny watercolor brushes. It was the putting the card together that proved a challenge for me...... ever have projects like that where your creativity just seems to be on vaca or on coffee break (if only..... giggles!), or otherwise MISSING?!?!?!

I struggled with the card ALL DAY LONG - nothing seemed to go right, look right, feel right... nothing. so I took a nap in the late afternoon and finally just put it together. still think it is 'okay', but not fantastic. but I DO love the artwork Marla has drawn. so I will give it a go again when my stmaping mojo has returned...... perhaps a trip to Starbucks is where I will find my inspiration? tee hee!

everyone have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Holly Young said...

oh Jennifer your watercoloring on this is fantastic! I really love it. I think the paper you used is the perfect match to the color of the mums and pumpkins on the wagon, and I love the little fabric flower!

Becky said...

Jennifer this is awesome, love the image and wonderful water coloring. We are just blessed that you joined us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

PeggyR said...

I love your artwork!

France Ringuette said...

Wow... The watercoloring is superb.
Thanks for joining our challenge at Paper Sundaes !

Kristy said...

Wow Jennifer your coloring is amazing! Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my buttons! Just wanted to let you know that I haven't received your app! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Grace said...

Wow your image is soooo beautifully colored and I love your layout! Great job with this fall beauty! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!!!!

Patti J said...

I love this image!! What a gorgeous card - you have colored it beautifully! Great job!!! Thanks for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! Hope to see you back again soon!

France Ringuette said...

Hi Jennifer, That image is just adorable ! Great card !
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes !

Anonymous said...

Well, after all that struggle, it came out great. Beautiful job.