Followers

Translate

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Handmade Embellies with Happileigh Scrappin'!

Hello again!

for my Paper Cupcakes post, please click here.


The challenge this week at Happileigh Scrappin' is to create a handmade embellishment or two. I really had been wanting to try the twisted ribbon flower technique ever since I first saw it on several blogs, so this seemed the perfect time to try it out. Little did I know when I printed out this adorable butterfly kitty fairy image by Leigh that I would finish making the card the night Eliza died. it was so very therapeutic for me though and helped me recall the happy memories we had together.

Papers are Basic Grey Kioshi, buttons are from my vintage stash, lots of little polka dots were added with my white gel pen, sentiment is a SU! rub-on, and the leaf is a SU! die. ruffled ribbon is created by laying down a strip of sticky tape and then applying organdy ribbon in a haphazard pattern, being sure to press down firmly to adhere.

Please play along with us! Winners will receive free images from the store as well as a great blog badge. It's fun to make an embellishment or two for your crafting projects! and the other Happi Sisters have created some absolutely adorable things to inspire you as well! :) check out the new store releases, too!

Everybody Art - dots
Die Cut Dreams - animal antics
Magical Monday - texture
Alphabet Challenge - K is for kitty
Cardmad Fairy - include an animal
Stampin for the Weekend - wings and things

15 comments:

Star said...

This is so adorable! I just love that ribbon flower. Was Eliza your kitty? I'm so sorry for your loss, but happy that this card might have helped you through a bit.

Rhonda Miller said...

What a gorgeous card. I just love your ribbon and the flower. TFS.

Heidi said...

This is gorgeous. I love the ribbon embellishement/flower ending. I love and have loved so many cats! They are truly wonderful creatures! And so hard to say goodbye. Thanks for playing along with the Magical Mondays Challenge.

Cat said...

Your card is gorgeous, Jennifer! I LOVE that beautiful flower and ribbon border! Stunning! Such a beautiful tribute to your precious Eliza. Big Hugs

lalkygirl said...

fabulous card ,love the cute kitty and how you embellished with the ribbon,thanks for joining us at digi days and good luck
tracey x

♥ Doreen ♥ said...

Süß gemacht.
Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei EAC.
Liebe Grüße Doreen

Jenni said...

Very cute Jennifer, loving that ribbon - I can never get organza ribbon to do what I want - seems to have a mind of it's own!! Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Cardmadfairy's Digi Days.
Jenni x

Hazel said...

Love your ruffled ribbon for your texture, thanks for joining us at Magical Mondays,
H xx

Made by Mandy said...

Love the ribbon, looks great ruffled and well done on your flower :)

Purples is one of my fave colours so this is a winner with me.

Love Mandy xxx

Cheryl said...

The ribbon and flower are gorgeous! Wonderful card!

Sonia said...

Hi Jennifer
Gorgeous card!!, love the image and colours (is one of my fav colours) the detail of the ribbon look fabolous.
Thanks for joining us at ALPHABET Challenge Blog thiw week. Hope to see you again.
-Sony
Sonia-Studio60

shaz earl said...

Fabulous card, thank you for joining us at Alphabet Challenge this time hope you will join us again xx.

JayLynn said...

I love what you did with that ribbon! It sure looks beautiful :)

Dragonlady said...

Hi there

Hope you are OK. What a fantastic bat, love the DP. Thank you for playing at Die Cut Dreams.

Hugs Ali x

Karen Howard said...

OMG, this is so cute! Love the image and your card design! Hugs, Karen