Followers

Translate

Friday, November 4, 2011

It's Christmas Time... well not really....

Coffee of the Day - Gingerbread

It's time for Christmas today! are you ready? ;) yeah, I'm not either, but it's fun to pretend for just a moment..... I'm really looking forward to the holidays this year. I plan to do LOTS of baking. what about you? any big plans to get ready?

also, before I get started, just a little reminder about my blog candy. you can enter in one, two, or all four blog candy prize packs. they aren't ginormous, but I think you'll enjoy the treats I'm gathering for you. I can't get full pix until everything arrives in the mail, but that adds to the fun, don't ya think?!

okay, on to the Jingle Bell fun! We have a new challenge over at Jellypark Friends Friday Challenges today - use non-traditional Christmas colors on your holiday papercraft project. you may still use red and green, just don't make them your focal colors. On top of this, I was asked to be a guest designer over at Raise the Bar challenges today. the challenge is to use NO embellies. have they ever BEEN to my blog?!?!?! do they know how very hard that is for me? oy! this was the most challenging card I have made in a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time. but I did give it a go by combining these 2 challenges with 1 of Claire's cutey new images from the Jellypark store.


my card uses the fun new image, 'Boy in a Reindeer costume'. isn't he precious? the papers are Crate Paper Snow Day and also A*Muse. all I added was a bit of faux stitching with my white gel pen. I wasn't sure if even die cuts were allowed, so I didn't...... stop by the Raise the Bar challenge blog to see some amazing projects by the DT. I'm sure they blew me out of the water with their creations! ;)


I did make an additional card using another of Claire's new releases and the same paper pack. this image is appropriately called, 'Cute Little Angel'. sorry I can't tell you how the mfg. is of this beautiful flower, as it came in a blog candy prize pack I received, but it is stunning irl. I added shimmerz paint to the angel's wings and halo. the A*Muse bg paper was sprayed with walnut gold glimmer mist. buttons and lace trim are vintage.

Challenges
Both Cards:
Pixie Dust - paper piecing
Crimbo Crackers - anything goes Christmas
Charisma Cardz - cutesy
Paper Shelter - Christmas fun
Ladybug Crafts - non-traditional Christmas
Sundays with Crissy - non-traditional Christmas

Angel Card:
Glitter Fairies - non-traditional Christmas
Craft Garden - Christmas, but no red or green
Simon Says Stamp - buttons
Stamp with Fun - cute and buttons
Paper Play - buttons

20 comments:

Tracey said...

Gorgeous cards Jennifer, I love all the extra details you add to make your cards special :)
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Suzie McFloozy said...

Oh I am telling you girl - you rocked it - not one but two fabulous cards !
I love that reindeer (what a GREAT idea to paper peice it - two great minds think alike !!) and the DP's you chose are gorgeous and I also adore that row of buttons on your angel card and the pops of pink are perfect x
Hope you are on the mend x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Tip Top said...

Awww! Now where have I seen those two cuties before?? I wonder!! Wow - seriously impressed with the no embellishments!! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

pinky said...

They are both gorgeous Jennifer. Thanks for joining us at LCI this week.
Pinky

Nannieflash said...

Oh that is gorgeous I love your image and your papers. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Jennifer. Fab card, cute image. I love the different papers, and the addition of the buttons is great to add texture. Thank you for joining us at The Glitter Fairies and good luck. Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xxx

Sue U said...

LOL, really fun cards Jennifer, love how you have paper pieced the reindeer :-D Thanks for joining us at Ladybug Crafts Ink this week, hope to see you again soon!

Sue xx

inkydoodlecrafts said...

Both cards are just stunning Jennifer. The flower you used on the angel card is the most glorious colour ever! Love the paper piecing it's such a lovely effect.
Enjoy your weekend. Mel :o) xx

Julie M said...

Aw what cute cards, Jennifer - love those sweet images.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous cards, Thank you for joining in with us at the Craft Garden this month.
Kevin xx

Michele Spera said...

Lovely cards!Thank you for joining us at Sundays with Crissy
Hugs
Michele S

Anonymous said...

Awwh Cute!

Thanks for joining us at Paperplay Challenges.

NGCARDS said...

A wonderful creation hun! Thanks for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz! xxx

The Glitter Fairy said...

Beautiful Card, Thanks for joining us at Glitter Fairies, Good Luck

Becky (Head DT)

xxxtglxxx said...

2 Really cute cards! :)

Thanks so much for playing at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Nicole Mullen said...

These cards are so sweet!! Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week!!

Shannah said...

FABULOUS cards Jen!! You did awesome with the non- trad Christmas colours... Beautiful! (Missing you at HS!) Thanks for joining our Sundays with Crissy Challenge! Hugs, Shannah xox

Tracey Manderson said...

Two great cards! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter, and good luck with the challenge.
Hugs
Tracey

Jessica Griffin said...

LOVE your cards Jen!! Great job with the paper piecing! I love the boy in a reindeer costume!! He's adorable!! And the little girl is precious!!

crazyribbonlady said...

Such a cute card! Thank you for joining us at charisma this week! Emma x