Followers

Translate

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Challenge at The Stamping Boutique

Welcome to a new challenge over at The Stamping Boutique challenge blog! the theme for this go 'round is Thanksgiving. and being the rebel that I am, I am the only one who didn't use the cute Pilgrim images offered by Tracey in the store..... oh well. someone has to be the oddball..... guess that is always gonna be ME! grins!


for my card I used the fun Pumpkin Pie image. maybe it's because we spent last week baking pumpkins to freeze for later use. I am a pumpkin fanatic, as if you didn't know already!, and love to have pumpkin ready to use for waffles, scones, soup, or whatever, WHENever the fancy strikes! :)

senti comes from Create with TLC, papers are My Mind's Eye A Happy Heart, tag die is PTI, flowers are Prima, buttons are vintage. this poor card just about was the end of me, I tell ya. the embossing folder kept giving me fits. the glimmer mist that is on both the senti and masked on the main image did fine on my 'test squirt' but decided to get all globby when I actually started spraying the crucial parts. I'm almost out, so I guess that is the problem, but man, why does it happen when it matters?! ;) hence, the weird blobs on my card. boy, I have never been more happy to finally get one card finished in my life! whew..... but I'll be giving this to Jocelyn's family when they arrive for Thanksgiving. I hope they like it and can overlook my flaws.

well I have baked the cornbread for the dressing so far today, washed almost all of the bed linens as well as several loads of laundry, and made the most important part next to the mashed potatoes in the eyes of my sons - the Ranch Crackers! grins! so the list is slowly dwindling down.... but it is fun, too. Chris Tomlin is playing in the bg LOUD to keep me motivated and focused on what is important. :)

back with y'all later! hugs and love to each of you!

Di's Digis - fall colors
Bizzy Bec's - circles

10 comments:

Dorcas said...

Gotta say, I LOVE that retro pumpkin!!

Jennifer said...

I can just smell that pumpkin pie! I love your combo of paper/embossing and of course wonderful buttons. Great tag detail!

Elizabeth said...

Love this!

Anita said...

Stunning card! You are accomplishing a lot! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Scrapping Julie said...

this looks awesome. i too am a huge fan of everything pumpkin

Jenn Borjeson said...

mmmmmm... pumpkin. (salivating here)
Your card is awesome, love the way you paper pieced the pumpkin. mmmmm... pumpkin. hee hee
Have a fabulous Thanksgiving, my friend! xo

Heide said...

This is fantastic! Love you worked the pumpkin, so cute.

Wilma Z said...

Beautiful card, love the stamp and the color combination. Thanks for joining us at Di's Digi.

miatagal said...

Another fantastic card Jennifer. Love all of the textures,papers and colours.

Cheryl said...

Gorgeous card, love the little circles on the DP. Thanks for joining us at Bizzy Bec's , good luck.
Hugs Cheryl