Followers

Translate

Monday, December 12, 2011

Paper Piecing Digis with the Digi Makeover

Coffee of the Day - Butter Rum



Happy Monday to you! I can't believe how close Christmas is getting.... boy howdy! and I haven't done any decorating yet.... we are waiting for the last of our sons to get home before we do anything, since it is such a big tradition for everyone to help out. Mick comes home from school on Friday, so I bet this weekend we are going to be all tinsel-fied and our halls will be decked with holly and evergreens! grins!


Well on to our new challenge at The Digi Makeover. This week we are asking you to paper piece your digis on your project. as you well know, this is one of my fave things to do with my digis! I have also used a new-to-me technique called 'out of the box' with nesties. this is my first time to try this and it was much easier than I thought it would be. you know how much I enjoy my Spellbinder dies, so to add a new dimension with the out-of-the box technique while still using them was fun! I found the tut over on SCS.

for my images, I used the always adorable, 'Pete the Penguin', printed twice onto papers from the My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Union Square collection. I highlighted his eye, his hair, and the heart with stickles and my white gel pen. He is standing on an icy pond of stickles. the wonderful senti is 'Christmas in the Heart' from the Paper Makeup Stamps store as well. Katie has added some amazing holiday sentiments and digi images to the store, so you should head over to check them out! holiday paper is Oct. Afternnon Good Cheer and text paper is 'Night Before Christmas' from A*Muse. the senti banner is really all curvy off of the card irl, but it doesn't show well in the scan. maybe I need to provide 3D glasses with my posts! tee hee! the ribbon behind the tag there is wired and actually has much more dimension than shows as well.

Crafty Boots - Christmas
Cupcake Craft - sparkles, shines, gleams, or glitters
Hooked on Craft - Christmas
Kaboodle Doodles - Let's get together for the holidays
Pollycraft - Christmas Fun
Cutie Pie - use a senti
Creative Inspirations Paint - non traditional Christmas colors
Dream Valley - Christmas
Paper Sundaes - anything Christmas
2 Sisters - Christmas

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

fabulous paper piecing! Love your layers and your big button!

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love this image. The paper piecing is perfect.

Jessica Rodarte said...

Oh goodness!! That card is too cute!!

Unknown said...

What an adorable card - love all the detail! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

Brodders said...

Cute cute cute :) Thanks for joining us this week over at Cupcake crafts and good luck x

Kathleen said...

Very cute indeed, fab choice of paper for the paper piecing, looks like he has a wooly jumper on! Lol
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
Hugs
Kat x

sara said...

really sweet card love that big red button and twine thanks so much for joining us at dream valley this week
hugs sara x

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us at Kaboodle Doodles. Great card! Such a sweet pinguin!

Kelly said...

Love your card! The penguin is cute and love the twine!
Thanks for joining us at Hooked On Craft Challenges, Kelly.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Card! Thank you for playing at Cutie Pie Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Woo x

Lynne in NI said...

Fabulous Christmas card and great job with your paper piecing too! Thanks for playing along with us at Dream Valley.

karen said...

Hi, what a gorgeous card, love your details, thanks so much for joining us a Cutie Pie, Karenx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Lovely card.

All of the excitement of the past week or so has put me well behind, sorry. I hope that you had a wonderful Christmas and I would like to wish you and your family a very happy New Year.

Thank you for entering this Crafty Boots Challenge.

Dionne

Hazel said...

You have mastered your new technique, well done. Thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie Challenges for our use a sentiment challenge,
Hugs
H xx