Followers

Translate

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Patterned Paper at Pile it On - Find a Cure

Coffee of the Day - Peppermint Mocha

The challenge this week at Pile it On is to use patterned paper on your project - wow, that is a lot of P's!
that isn't ever a problem for me, but you need to go over to the PIO challenge blog to see how some of the DT really piled those patterned papers on! anyone else feeling the need for a pickled pepper from Peter Piper?! ;)


For my card I used this very special image from Milk Coffee. It was a freebie over on the blog, and I was so touched when it was introduced there. The senti comes from Create with TLC. you can be sure that I use this one a lot as well! papers are from Basic Grey Serendipity and a special breast cancer collection by Karen Foster. I made sure to position the main image so that a portion of the poem could still be read. the last line reads, "I am a survivor." This seemed the perfect way to encourage someone else going through this horrible disease.

both the senti portion and the pink ribbon were sprayed with Pink Cadillac Glimmer Mist for a little shine. buttons are vintage. I think what I love most about this image is that it lets everyone know that you can be both feminine and strong while still being a fighter of cancer. some days I sure don't feel very feminine or very strong, so this gives me a bit of hope!

Tomorrow begins my week of doctor's appts., tests, and hospital visits every day. I hope to have one or 2 posts pre-scheduled, but otherwise you won't see much of me. on the other hand, the medical staff of our area will be seeing WAY toooooo much of me! grins! have a good week!

Challenges:
Stamp with Fun - button
Digi Haven - anything goes with a free digi
Crafts and Me - add a flower
Crafty Pad - breast cancer awareness/think pink
Little Miss Muffet - add writing, text, or script
Shelly's Images - anything goes
Inky Impressions - anything goes
My Mum's Craft Shop - anything goes
Paper Craft Star - girly
Word Art Wed - love and encouraging verse (one of the biggest examples of love I have seen has come from all of YOU in bloggyland while I have been fighting my cancer! thank you!)
Dawn's Crafting - breast cancer awareness and/or pink (my prayers go out to your mom!)
Cupcake Craftroom - pretty pastels
Ladybug Crafts - anything goes
Natalie and Amy's - anything goes
Mema's Crafts - theme (I chose 'Family Affair: Get Well' it suits for me)
Poodle Parlour - here come the girls

28 comments:

Penny said...

Jennifer, this is a gorgeous, meaningful card! Love the image, the sentiment and the paper! Your embellishments are so pretty on this! :^)
Wishing you well on your week. Will be thinking of you each day--and sending more prayers! :^)
Big hugs,
Penny

Karen Letchworth said...

Well, as always, Jen...another beautiful card. This is SO sweet and so meaningful. Thanks for sharing it in our challenge.

Please know that I pray for you every day. I know a lot of people "say" that, but I hope you know that I really DO it. I have you on my prayer list, and I know that God is working in your life, and that He is answering prayers. So many people love you, and I just want to encourage you today through the promises God has given us. He hears the prayers, and is ALWAYS there to comfort you. Lean on Him this week as you fave all the appts, etc. Lots of love coming your way, my sweet friend.

Visiting your blog always lifts my heart. Thanks for being such a blessing to me, and to all of us at WAW. God bless you today and every day.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Rhonda Miller said...

What a beautiful card Jen. I just love the sweet image.

I hope you're busy week goes well. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you.

Dawn said...

Hi Jennifer, I hope you're feeling good today! Thanks for sharing your lovely card with us in the BCA/ Think Pink Challenge at both The Crafty Pad & Dawn's Crafting!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Dorte said...

Lovely card, Jennifer.
hugs Dorte

Jennifer said...

Beautiful card Jen! I love how you've shared all the aspects of your card! Praying for you today and always. I pray for you strength as you endure another week of visits. HUGS!

Lorianna said...

Beautiful card!!
Beautiful image!!
Beautiful YOU!! (Inside and Out)
You will be with me, in my prayers and in my heart
Stay strong! YOU have no idea how much you inspire some of us
Hugs
Lorianna

Mema's Crafts said...

Hi Jen. Your card is lovely and I do like the words you added to it. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I hope you have a great week, and I will pray that you maintain the strength to endure. Now that I know I will add you to my prayer list.

Keep creating and sharing your talent. We at Mema's Crafts appreciate your talent and want to thank you for joining us in our challenges.

Darlene said...

OH MY GOSH JEN ... I have been out of the loop! I'm so sorry to hear you are on this cancer journey and will certainly keep you in my prayers!! Please know I am here for you if you need someone to visit you and talk crafting versus medical. I know how much all my crafting buddies helped me when my hubby was going through cancer treatment not all that long ago and I certainly want to be there for you!!!
In the meantime, Thanks so much for joining our "ANYTHING GOES" challenge at Shelly's Images! Please come back and join us again real soon!!
Darlene
Shelly's Images DT
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
BIG HUGS from AKRON!!

Vick said...

Hi There,
I just wanted to thankyou for playing at Ladybug Crafts challenge blog, and Good Luck, Hugs Vick x
the-artful-codger.blogspot.com
YTChannels vixcrafts & saturatedcanary

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Very pretty card Jen and such a great verse - my younger sister is a survivor too :) Stay strong!!

Sylvia said...

Pretty card, Jennifer, love that is for breast cancer awareness!Hope your journey is blessed with prayers and comfort from everyone in the blog world. Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at the Papercraft Star for the "something girly" challenge.

Tracy said...

I nabbed this little cutie but haven't used her yet. I sure like how you did. Those papers are so pretty. Great way to use the poem piece. Hope tomorrow is smooth sailing. Those lucky ducks get to see your smiling face. :-) Hugs!

Dilyana said...

This is a great card with an important message! Thanks for joining us at the Inky impressions challenge :-)

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, just love the image & the papers are perfect!
I hope everything goes ok this week for you hun xx

Thank you for sharing with us at Natalie & Amy's for our 1st monthly challenge, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Unknown said...

Such a lovely project. I will definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong. Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Shelly's Images.

KristyLee said...

Jennifer,
Very beautiful card well done! I am so so sorry your going thru all of this! I pray for you daily, and just know I care! Much love to you!
Peace,
Kristy

Linda Wescott said...

A lovely thoughtful card, that I'm sure would encourage anyone. I saw you over on Dawn's crafting Breast Cancer challenge. Hugs lin

Mina said...

just perfect Jennifer...thanks for joining in with the Crafts & Me challenge this week
Mina xxx

Lisa Minckler said...

OH wow, a tongue twister with P's on this one. Not nearly enough coffee yet, but I made it through all of them. :) I absolutely freakin' LOVE what you've created here Jen. She's colored to perfection and what gorgeous papers. The arrangement is perfect and without a doubt a SUPERB card for the cause. Biggest hugs to you and I am thinking of you CONSTANTLY.
Lisa xx

Suzie McFloozy said...

Stunning card hun - love the sweet image and the pink/green colour combo (my fav x)
Thanks for playing along with us at MMCS and good luck xx
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Dana said...

Very pretty card. Thanks for playing at Digi Haven.


http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

tellana said...

An amazing card, because there are so many amazing things in it - the papers, the sentiments, the image... all so meaningful and so well placed together!
Hope you will have some rest as well and not just doctors visits.
Hugs,
Liva ❤

Wendy Fraser said...

Brilliant card, great image, great words and yummy papers. Bound to give someone even more fight in their heart. Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven xx

Donna said...

A very beautiful sentiment on the papers Jen, and such a pretty card, lovely image, and gorgeous colors. Thanks for sharing it with us at Natalie & Amy's Challenge.
hugs
Donna xx

Trina said...

Jen darling, I hope this week is going better than the last. I think this card looks fantastic! Thanks for sharing with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenges!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card with such great message! You are so brave to share your illness with the rest of us! Prayers to you and your family as you battle this disease! So glad you could play along with us at Little Miss Muffet!

~Tammy~ said...

This is a special! Absolutely prayers to you!!! This has touched my family too! Thank you for sharing this special card in our gallery at The Cupcake Craftroom this month!