Followers

Translate

Monday, September 10, 2012

Poor Boo Boo Monster...

Coffee of the Day - Vanilla Nut


A young man we all know and love took a bit of a tumble and is in need of a 'pick me up' kind of card.... seems his longboard went one direction that was a bit unexpected, so gravity took over with a lovely THUD! What a perfect opportunity to make a card for the new DigiMakeover challenge - Monster Mash! those monsters at Paper Makeup Stamps always give me the giggles, and this little fella is no exception.


I added a few little white polka dots to our unhappy BooBoo monster with my white gel pen. His teeth and tears were painted with shimmerz. Papers are from the Basic Grey Shine On collection. a few buttons, some washi tape, baker's twine, little ticket, and a printed senti banner finish the card.

Funny....no one else in the house wants to sign the card before I mail it out....go figure! ;)

18 comments:

Karen said...

Hahahaha!! Now I adore this honey... just perfect!!

Love it..

Hugs,
Karen.xx

Oak Pond SC said...

Adorable Jennifer! Nice touch with the gel pen and that sentiment cracks me up. I hope the recipient is feeling better. Hugs and Happy Crafting. <3-Kim

Linda Wescott said...

Lol, what a fun card, hope it doesn't hurt when he laughs lol. Sorry not been by for a while, not managing much hopping about, but been thinking of you. Hugs lin

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

LOL!! Such a great card Jen :) Wonderful sentiment - can't think why no-one wants to sign it!!!!

Anne Temple said...

Love this sentiment with this image - so cute and creative. How fun to add all those little dots (thought it was patterned paper that you painstakingly cut out at first).

Anonymous said...

AWW! What a fun card Jen!! Love the yummy papers here and added buttons!! Have a great day my friend! HUGS

Ardilla said...

Lovely card... fun image and great layout!

carla said...

Your card looks great.
Beautiful colored and made ​​fun.

Greetings,
Carla

Penny said...

So sorry to hear about the "fall", but you made such a humorous card to send to him! Love the design and coloring--those polka dots are way cute! And the sentiment is too darn funny! He should love this! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Rhonda Miller said...

Ouch! This card should really cheer him up. I love the monster and got a kick out of the sentiment. TFS.

Tracy said...

Oh no your man had a crash! I can't imagine this card not fixing whatever ails him. Now why in the world didn't anyone else want to put there name on this card? LOL Hugs!

Renee B. said...

Oh Jen, this is so cute...it will definitely cheer up the poor guy! Love the sentiment!
Hugs, Renee

Eret said...

Absolutely fantastic!!! Recipient muct feel instantly better then hie gets this card. It's just too funny. Although this little monster looks so unhappy, the card is so funny :) Love it!
Hugs, Eret

Lisa Minckler said...

Hahahahaha..oh my gosh, Jennifer! What a hoot of a card. Would you look at ALL those boo boo bandaids! I LOVE this. LOL..I'm embarassed to say it, but it looks like me after I shave..hee hee. :)
Hugs to you and thank you for the morning giggle!
Lisaxx

Michelle VP said...

lol, your card makes me smile and I love your comment about no one else wanting to sign it! You've colored Boo-Boo so perfectly and I just love his dots!

Unknown said...

LOL! This is perfect for the young man! Love that sentiment! Great card! ;o)

JustYolie said...

Poor lil fellow! Fantastic card as always! :)

Emily Lauritzen said...

What a great card! Perfect image with a perfect sentiment! So happy to be on the team with you!
<3 Emily L.