Followers

Translate

Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Gal without a Team....and it's okay

Coffee of the Day - Moon Pie

Well it is now official. I have left every one of my Design Teams. yikes. I'll be honest - it's kinda scary. wandering out here all by myself. but it's kinda freeing, too. a bit like the time when I was in my early 20's and heading off to Oxford, not knowing anyone at all, alone in another country, a new school. but excited. new opportunities, new things to learn. a chance to find out more about who I really am.


this time off has let me know that I need more of this.... I need to get back to the roots of my crafting. creating for the joy of it. creating to pass along that joy (hopefully anyhow!).

I was inspired by a post I read a little while ago on Jennifer McGuire's blog. she said that she isn't on any Design Teams and creates only with products she really truly loves. that is pretty cool.

so for a little while, I'm going to be playing. playing in my craftroom. organizing my craftroom. (eek!) finding new artists to experience. and finding myself creatively again. I do think I stay fairly true to myself with what I make, but I want to be sure. I want to be away from the timetables and deadlines and just play. I want to come out from behind my walls and not worry about making the top 3 or 5 in a challenge or contest.

and I thank all of you for your patience and kindness. you mean so much to me! :)  I'll try to do better at getting around and leaving comments. I've been horrid at that. I really want to stop by and let you know I've been around. right now I stop by as more of a gallery watcher.

I want to do better, be better. be a better me. well, as good a 'me' as I can be. with God's help. and I want to honor Him. I haven't done a whole lot of that lately either. thank goodness I am a work in progress!

11 comments:

Sammy said...

The lady speaketh sense! I hope you enjoy your playing!

Glad your card and little extras arrived ok! x

*Vicki* said...

Good for you!! This is truly how I feel as well! :) I'm on a challenge blog, but there's no pressure on what I can or cannot use and we're not sponsored...so I'm FREE! :) It's so much more fun this way I think!

Happy Holidays and enjoy yourself my friend! HUGS

Crafting Vicky said...

I hope that you will be able to get the creative flow going and just enjoy what you do!!! Big hugs

Dorte said...

Enjoy your time playing, Jen.
hugs Dorte

Unknown said...

though it may be scary...it is a liberating time...you create for yourself, for the joy that it brings you, for the peace it instills....enjoy this time...be creative

Renee B. said...

I have never applied for any DT because I am terrible at making deadlines & I also think it would take a lot of the fun out of making cards....although the free stuff would be great! Enjoy your new found freedom Jennifer!
Hugs, Renee

Gerry said...

As long as you don't leave your blog friends! Will still look forward to seeing your creativity and also to hear how you are doing. Wishing you a blessed Christmas.

Stef H said...

I think that's a wonderful decision. sometimes I truly miss "just playing for the fun of it". hubby used to say... when your hobby becomes a job, it's time to quit!.

I can't wait to see just how creative you will be in 2014. 2013 blew me away!

keeping you always in my prayers and wishing you and yours a truly blessed Christmas with a new year filled with miracles.

hugs & love :)

Penny said...

Jen, we are all a work in progress--that's just life, isn't it! :^)
Happy for you now that you made your decision--it certainly sounds like you made the right one for this point in time! I hope you have much joy in your creativity! :^)
Big hugs, Penny

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hi Jennifer
This is the first time on your blog. I came over from Angelsdoor Penny, such a dear person.
I totally agree about loving everyone, and leaving the rest to God.
I have an interesting post on my blog right now about Melissa Bolton. I think you would enjoy what it is all about, defining who we are and what our style is and who will be drawn to our creativity' The Archetypal Assessment is Free on a pdf anyone can download. Then there is Melissa Bolton's link on my blog to her Pinterest page. I was so inspired I had to do two posts about it and I'm passing it on to others.
XO
Teresa in California
http://amagicalwhimsy.blogspot.com/

Dana Joy said...

Good for you Jennifer. I always think that freeing yourself from daily demands that you have the control to change is like a new spirit has been unleashed. Go forth and have fun.

Hugs
Dana