Followers

Translate

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Merry Christmas!

Coffee of the Day - Eggnog

I want to wish each and every one of you a most merry Christmas! I hope you are filled to the top with love and all you could possibly want & need in your life. :)



"8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” 13 Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 14“Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” 
Luke 2:8-14

as I was thinking about this post and writing to each of you, God really laid something upon my heart. so often our first question after the usual greetings of Christmas is 'so what did you get?'

my question for myself this year is a bit different - 'what did I give?' did I give love to each person I met? did I share peace with each person I encountered? did I leave joy under the tree and in the hearts of those who passed my way? did I share even  a brief smile with anyone who dared cross my path?

or more likely, did they wonder at the scowl on my face or the distant way I treated them....was I just another person in line or in the car beside them (or wherever) who brushed them aside as if they didn't matter. did I treat each person with respect? did I give more respect to the birds and trees I enjoy than the man who delivers my mail or reads my electric meter?



today we celebrate God gifting the world with His only son. God knew that Easter was around the corner. we didn't, but He did. He knew the road that cute little baby born in a manger was going to have to walk. but God gave the gift of His son to us nonetheless. man. I am not worth it. that is a huge sacrifice. do I respect that gift? not one tiny bit. but I'm going to try to do better. I am so thankful for grace.

all of you know about my cancer battle. I want to make sure that when I am called home, the people I care about know that I love them, without a doubt. they are going to get so tired of not only hearing me say it, but seeing it in action.   that's the key. I could say it 'til the cows come home, but if they don't see it, it doesn't matter.


so maybe things will change a bit here on my blog, and maybe they won't. but I am going to try to do better about getting around to all of your blogs and leaving comments. remember I said 'try'!!!
love and Merry Christmas to each and every one of you! new friends or old friends, you are special to me! :)

6 comments:

PeggyR said...

I hope you have had a wonderful day!

Dorte said...

Wishing you and your family a merry Christmas and all the best for 2014, Jen.
hugs Dorte

Stef H said...

you, my dear, are a blessing to us all. you are strength. you are love, you are peace, you are joy. you truly have GOD in your heart and your life. i am the one blessed to even know you. i can't begin to tell you how much strength you give me; how much love you make me feel; how much peace you place in my heart when i face struggles and the joy i have in my heart knowing my LORD is with me at all times - even thru you. so to you, my friend, i wish you all the blessings and miracles the LORD can place in your life and that 2014 gives you more strength than ever before!

merry, merry christmas!

much love,

Pat said...

I do hope you had a lovely happy and peaceful day.

Pat xx

Renee B. said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with your family Jennifer & as Stef said...you are the blessing in our lives! Thanks for befriending me on the Crafter's Café when I was new to all this crafty, bloogie stuff & bringing so much joy my way!
Love, Renee

Sandra said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, and wishing you the most fabulous 2014!
Your blogposts are always nice to read, crafting or not,sometimes they give so much to think about!
That's what you give to me :-)
Hugs,Sandra