Followers

Translate

Saturday, January 30, 2016

A Different Kind of Cupid for Valentine's Day

Coffee of the Day - Bourbon Pecan

When we think of Cupid we often think of the little nearly naked baby angel flittering through the air. but when I came across this wonderful digital image of a young boy dressed in a vintage style as Cupid, I knew I had to have him! in fact, hubby even stopped what he was doing when he saw the card on my computer to comment about how much he liked the vintage look.


and thanks to the Paper Temptress store, you can get the papers to make a card for YOUR sweetie, too! :) I started with a base of spirit red feltweave cs. a little banner was punched from black Basis cs and then a sentiment generated from my label maker added over the top. I tied a ribbon of the poppy red splitz ribbon to a fun red & white paper clip. this ribbon is cool because it is both satin and grosgrain all on one ribbon. the color was a little too bright orangey-red for my papers, so I dyed it to match by just adding some ink. super easy! :)

Boy Cupid image is by A Day for Daisies, papers are from the Basic Grey Bittersweet collection, die is Spellbinders, and buttons are vintage. I love how the one even has a bit of fabric still attached to it. :) I added some faux stitching to the decorative paper panels. paper clip is by K & Co., I believe.

I gave the little fella some cool stripes to his pants and painted his wings with my wink of stell pen. the hearts on his bow and hat were painted with shimmerz.

so glad you stopped by today! hello to my newest followers, too! :)

Challenges:
ADFD - all my love
Brown Sugar - anything goes
Crafting with Friends - anything goes
Polkadoodles - love and romance
Wags 'n Whiskers - with love
CRAFT - love/Valentine/Anniversary
DL Art - Valentine
Outlawz Twisted Thurs - anything goes
Whimsy - with love
Tuesday Throwdown - anything goes

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! This is stunning!

Tlc Creations said...

Great card....love how you added the paper clip.
Paulette

Brenda said...

I love the way your design supports that wonderful vintage look. Wonderful coloring too! Thanks so much for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week!

katieo said...

This image is beautiful. I love the fully dressed vintage cupid. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Valentine Challenge-Katie-DTmember

Lynda said...

Love the vintage feel to your card... so lovely. Thankyou for joining is over at Brown Sugar for our 'ATG' challenge, hope to see you again soon Lynda DT xx

Aunty Sue said...

Fab make for our Love, valentines & anniversary challenge thanks for sharing at CRAFT good luck and hope you will join us again.
aunty sue DT

Unknown said...

You have put a lot of thought into your card. It is perfect for the love and romance challenge at Polkadoodles, Jackie x

Jen Leeflang said...

What a super card! Thanks for joining us for our challenge over at A Day for Daisies = we'd love to see you again soon!
love
Jen Leeflang
ADFD DT

Julie Odil said...

What a great card! Love the regal image. Thanks for joining our Love & Romance challenge at Polkadoodles Challenge blog. Julie, DT member