Followers

Translate

Saturday, April 2, 2016

I Will Give You Rest Flower Fairy

Top 3 Pick at Robyn's Fetish

Coffee of the Day - Carrot Cake

It's the weekend! Hooray!

I'm sharing with all of you yet another of the sympathy cards I'm making for my cousin's family. I'm almost finished with them - just a few more to do. hope to get them completed this weekend if all goes well.

Today's card uses a precious little image from A Day for Daisies called 'Baby Cherry Blossom' and a verse given away over at Word Art Wednesday.


I confess that I first saw the verse this week and knew immediately that I wanted to use it. I was looking through my ADFD images on my computer and came across the cherry blossom one. it wasn't until the entire thing was printed and on my craft desk that I actually saw the little flower fairy hidden inside the image. C.S. Lewis and J. R. R. Tolkien were both Christians and used fairy folk in their writings, so I guess my one little card should be okay. ;)

papers are from the Basic Grey Typeset and Dear Heart collections, buttons are from my vintage stash, bay leaf seam binding (that I aged and distresd) is from Really Reasonable Ribbon, mini sweetheart blossom is from Wild Orchid Crafts, and little banner punch is by SU!  a wink of stella glitter pen was used to add sparkle to the main image.

enjoy your day! :)

Challenges:
WAW - anything encouraging goes
Robyn's Fetish - add a doily
ADFD - add glitter (used the glitter pen)
Brown Sugar - anything goes
Digitally Sweet - fantasy
Craft Rocket - mythical creatures
Simon Says Stamp Work it Wed - pastel

14 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Fabulous sentiment and card Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Creations by Shirl said...

Very lovely Jen - TFS it with Brown Sugar Challenge~

Unknown said...

Very soothing colors, lovely ribbon, buttons and the image/sentiment for a sympathy card. Thank you so much for entering your creative and beautiful art in our challenge at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings, Carole
DT Member

Fikreta said...

very nice card
hugs

Bad Kitty's Craftroom

Stampsnob. said...

Lovely card TFS Craft Rocket Ch Lis DT

Wendy L said...

Beautiful card, took me a while to see the fairy LOL, Thanks for joining us at Craft Rocket Challenges. xxx.

Karen Letchworth said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this, Jennifer. You have absolutely rocked the word art file, and I know whomever receives this card will really be blessed by it. Thanks so much for stopping by to share your talents with us. I'm so grateful to have you play along in our challenge, and I wish you the best of luck in the random draw for the prize. Please stop by to join us again soon. I look forward to it.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. I'd love to have you stop by my personal blog to say hello when you have time.
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

karenlotty said...

Terrific card She's very well dsguised! it took me a few seconds to find her Thank you for joining in Craft Rocket Challenges - Karen DT

Lori Kobular said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori Kobular said...

I love how the fairy is hidden away in this image! The sentiment works so well with the image. Beautiful papers. Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Rocket Challenges!

Kathy S said...

You are rocking this challenge Jennifer. Love the muted colors and the color palette in general with the turquoise and peach. Thanks so much for the lovely scripture too. Appreciate your entry at the Add Glitter challenge at ADFD.

Jen Leeflang said...

I just know that the recipient of this beautiful sympathy card will find comfort in the knowledge that it was made with love and remembrance. Well done!
Thanks for adding glitter and entering our current challenge at A Day for Daisies. We hope to see you again soon!
Jen Leeflang
ADFD DT

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a delightful image and beautiful sentiment, making a beautiful card.

Thank you for joining us at http://digitallysweetchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ Fantasy theme.
Faith DT
x

Crafty Pearly said...

So beautiful. Thank you for joining us at Craft Rocket it is very much appreciated. Hugs, Traci DT xx