Followers

Translate

Friday, April 15, 2016

Things with Wings Challenge at RRR

Ooh La La Winner at My Sheri CRAFTS
Color Spotlight Project at Outlawz Color Challenges

Coffee of the Day - Maple Fudge


We have a new challenge over at the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog starting today, and the theme is 'Things with Wings.' I hope you will not only play along with us, but also stop by the blog to see the beautiful projects made by some of my team mates! they are so talented and constantly inspire me with the things they create! :)


Several weeks ago, my hubby and I were out for a walk at Camp. I came across this gorgeous piece of wood and knew it would make a neat piece of art.


the wood was first mod podged to seal it. I added moss and a wonderful piece of rusted and painted chicken wire I came across at Hobby Lobby. tiny sweetheart blossoms by Wild Orchid Crafts were added.


the birds were created from templates I found online and a box that once held microwave popcorn. ;) nothing like re-purposing what's around the house! each bird is several layers thick.


Birds were covered in Prima Anna Lee digital papers, edged in SU! glitter glass and stickles, and then tied with peacock alley & baby pink seam binding. I used vintage buttons for their eyes.

even the little nest is made from ribbons! I used a fabulous tutorial by my creative muse, Melissa Phillips, found here on her blog, Lily Bean Paperie. I used copper forest hand dyed silk, chestnut mini ric rac, and natural burlap string.


I searched and searched the stores for little bird eggs, but couldn't find them anywhere. ended making my own out of modeling clay. think they turned out cute! used my SU! ink squirty tool to add little speckles. of course the nest needed to sit on some branches, so grabbed a few from my yard. 2 cottage roses surround the nest.

just a reminder that if you want to see more detail on any photo, just click the piccy and it will take you to a larger one in a separate page.

this is going to my MIL for her Mother's Day gift. sure hope she likes it! :)

I hope this project inspires you to see art wherever you are and try something new!
enjoy your weekend! :)


Challenges:
A Bit More Time to Craft - anything goes
Outlawz Tues color - color inspiration with nature twist
Altered Eclectics - anything altered/mixed media goes
Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media - wings
Sisters of Craft - anything goes
As You Like It - fave non-card project (found treasures! I like coming across something and seeing what kind of artwork I can turn it into. I also enjoy taking something like the popcorn box and re-purposing it, such as I did with the little birds. recycling at its best!)
Whimsy Inspires - spring colors or Easter
Crafting for All Seasons - tic tac toe: flowers, ribbon, backing paper (Prima, on birds)
A Place to Start - up-cycle a common household item (microwave popcorn box - at least in our house they are commonplace! also buttons)
Crafting From the Heart - anything goes
Critters and Creatures - anything goes with a critter or creature
Not Just Cards - anything goes
The Crazy Ch - spring is here
My Sheri Crafts - Mother's Day flowers
The Stamping Boutique - flowers
Scrapping 4 Fun - birds

19 comments:

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

this is fabulous
Ginny x
My Blog As I do Rodos

Nancy Hill said...

Your clay robin eggs came out perfect. Beautiful project with the wood that you found.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A beautiful mixed media project, perfect for our challenge this week at AYLI.
Lorraine DT

Ellibelle said...

What an amazing creation Jennifer. So many great details and love how the eggs turned out. What a fabulous idea to make your own!
Thanks so much for playing along in my critters and creatures linky party!

Scrapping4funChallenges said...

Beautiful mixed media creations, love all the detail.
Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges
Rachelle DT
http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

Sid said...

I am loving your mixed media assemblage !! Great work ! I have also become your latest blog follower.

Claudia's kaartjes said...

awesome project. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping 4 Fun.

hugs
Claudia
DT SCrapping 4 Fun.

Sue Crease said...

What a wonderful piece of art you have made and shared with us over at myshericrafts this week. So much work has gone in to it you can tell.
Sue

Zw@@n said...

Super cute project, Jennifer. I love the little eggs. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Jennifer,

I just love this project! I am a huge fan of repurposing, altering, and upcycling. Thanks so much for sharing this at A Place to Start. It is my desire to provide a place where beginners and old hands can find inspiration and information that will help them on their crafting journey. I hope you will give me permission to use your project as a featured inspiration with all credit to you and a link back to your blog!

Again, a fabulous idea and beautifully executed.

Hugz,
Chana

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is fantastic.

Sarah said...

This is an absolutely beautiful way to decorate a lucky find!! You have done such a fantastic job and those eggs are so realistic...well done!! Thank you for joining us at AYLI and Good Luck!! Sarah :0)

Stefi said...

Beautiful projekt! Thanks so much for sharing wit us at The Crazy Challenge! Stefi DT

Glenda said...

Lovely project! Thanks for sharing with us at My Sheri Crafts!

Glenda's Cards

Lisbeth said...

hi
fun project
thanks for joining us at crafting for all seasons
hugs Lisbeth DT

Sammy said...

Oh wow, this is amazing! I just love the little nest, and the colours are gorgeous!
With DT cap on: Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month. Sammy-x

Jean said...

Stunning project, so many different aspects.Thanks for joining us over at Crafting For All Seasons, hope to see you again. Jean DT XX

Ann Chuang Crafts said...

This is amazing!! Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4Fun Challenges. Hope to see you again soon!! HUGS!
Ann DT
http://anncard.blogspot.tw

Juhi said...

What a gorgeous project! Thank you so for joining us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge. Hope to see you again soon!