Followers

Translate

Saturday, December 24, 2016

A Joyous Season Non-Traditional Christmas Card

Coffee of the Day - Eggnog

Christmas Eve is upon us and the mice are certainly stirring at my house! we are busy busy busy getting ready for the big day! :)

I had so much fun with my Growing in Unity week that I thought I would give all of you a bonus day! :)

The card I am sharing with you is one that Tyler gave to his future in-laws. they are big nature buffs like we are, so it might be a bit non-traditional, but it fit them to a T!


I first created the base by mixing up a modge podge of colors using gelatos and SU! ink refills on watercolor paper. this was sprayed very lightly with water.

once it dried, I stamped the trees from "A Joyous Season" stamp set. the deer were fussy cut from SU! natural vanilla cs. 

little smidgens of moss and flowers by Petaloo were added. a bow made from natural ribbon that I picked up last year at World Market wraps around the upper portion of the card. red tinsel trim holds a few rusty bells.

I'll have a post tomorrow, but completely understand if you are too busy with your family to stop by. Merry Christmas to all of you! may your day overflow with happiness and joy! :)
Jennifer

6 comments:

sharon g said...

What a great background. I loved seeing your GIU posts---you are very talented. Thanks for hostessing.

Sue D said...

Very cool. Love the nature theme.

Fikreta said...

your card is very pretty!

Merry Christmas!

Sandra said...

Beautiful Jennifer!! Love this one!
Have a fabulous family time!!

Linda Simmons said...

Thanks for the bonus. Love the nature.

Denise Bryant said...

Beautiful card! Love the trees and deer, and the ribbon is a perfect touch for a rustic style!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!