Followers

Translate

Friday, December 16, 2016

A Merry Hot Cocoa Canister

Coffee of the Day - Salted Caramel


Wooo Hooo! it's Friday! phew.... I am actually taking the day off from crafting once I finish typing up this post. and one of my treats for the day is making the journey into Starbuck's to celebrate! I am very excited about that, I tell you! the closest one to me is a 30 minute drive, so it's not often I am able to treat myself to one of their yummy coffees. today is the day though! :D

I'm sharing a fun project I have made for the family of my oldest son's fiance. yes, you read that correctly. I said FIANCE! Tyler and Danielle became engaged a few days ago! we are over the moon excited for the two of them!!!



last year I made a container of hot cocoa mix for Danielle's family and they all loved it so much. they asked for more of the mix, in fact, before winter was over. so I thought I would make more for them this Christmas, but wanted to create a different type of container to  hold it, so I have re-purposed a coffee can.


I used digital papers and elements from the Bo Bunny Father Christmas collection with the exception of the stripe base paper which is from Michael's.



all buttons are from my stash, as is the wonderful rustic plaid ribbon.



pretty red polka dot ribbon at the top is from Really Reasonable Ribbon.


snowflake die is by Sizzix. the pretty Christmas pick on top is also from Michael's.

thanks so much for stopping by! enjoy your day! :) I'll see you again tomorrow.
Jennifer

p.s. you can find the recipe for my hot cocoa mix here on this post. the mix I have made for today's container uses hazelnut flavored creamer. it smells simply divine! :)

Challenges:
Winter Coffee Lover's Blog hop
Alphabet Ch - use something red
Brown Sugar - red, green, and white
Craft for the Craic - anything but a Christmas card
Crafty Calendar - Christmas Time
Eclectic Ellapu - anything Christmas
Simon Says Stamp Wed Ch - gift it

17 comments:

Arianna Barbara said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Such a terrific project!!! So original and cool!!!

Shelly said...

This is so pretty!

SewPaperPaint said...

Congratulations! This is such a precious gift, love the idea and your beautiful designs! Hugs, Autumn

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is such a beautiful container for the chocolate mix.

~amy~ said...

congratulations!
What a neat gift! Love that altered container!

Fikreta said...

congrats to your son!
this is so pretty!

Helen F. said...

Beautiful gift idea!

Ceal said...

Beautiful gift and congratulations!!

MaryAnn Samuelson said...

Yummy recipe, gorgeous container and congratulations!!!!

Becca Yahrling said...

What an awesome gift any one of us would just love to receive!
And decorated so beautifully. Can't wait to get that recipe ... thanks!
Merry Christmas!

Teri said...

What a wonderful gift idea!

Rhonda Miller said...

Congrats on your son's engagement! That's wonderful news. Your tin is amazing. I love it.

Hetty said...

So very beautiful!

Scrappin Sue said...

Gorgeous
Merry Christmas from the team at Brown Sugar Challenges x

Planetsusie said...

What a beautifully decorated container for your hot chocolate mix! I've just checked out the recipe and must admit it looks yummy!! I love the embellishments on your container, they really look festive! Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Christmas Time) Challenge this month, lots of luck and I hope we see you again soon. Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

Lisa said...

This is awesome! So beautiful!!

Cazro said...

A brillianat gift idea. So sorry for the delay in commenting. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT